Over 40 million people world wide, including young children, have visited the BODY WORLDS exhibitions. The minimum age we recommend for children is 6 years old, but in reality we welcome children of all ages every day.
BODY WORLDS does recommend you to prepare your kids for what they’re about to go see, just so they understand what to expect. Here is some useful information!
Information about BODY WORLDS
- BODY WORLDS is a beautiful exhibition where you can take a look inside your own body. You learn everything about our own anatomy, health and the effects of happiness. It offers you a unique chance to get a better understanding of your own body.
- The exhibition consists of more than 200 anatomical specimens of real human bodies, which are preserved by Dr. Gunther von Hagens ‘plastination technique’.
- ‘Plastinating’ is a technique where body fluids are replaced by a sort of silicone rubber. The bodies are dry, odorless and will last longer than Egyptian mummies!
- The skin has been removed from the ‘plastinates’, so all bones, muscles, nerves, veins and organs are revealed and visible.
- All the bodies that are used in the exhibition are donated by people who in life decided to donate their body to BODY WORLDS for educational purposes. Long after they have passed away, their bodies will teach you everything there is to know about the human anatomy.
- The ‘Plastinates’ are standing in a large variety of active positions. This is to show you which muscles and body parts you use when you for instance jump or dance or play the saxophone.
- You can see the influence the choices you make have on your body. How smoking effects your longues for instance, or how an artificial knee or hip fits in you body.
- Besides anatomy, the exhibition teaches you about happiness and its effects on your body. You learn that happy people live longer and also how to stay happy and healthy yourself.
Book a Family Ticket!
Book your visit in advance online with discount.
For families there is a special ‘Family ticket’ available. This ticket is valid for 4 persons (2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children). Kids up to 5 years of age get free entrance to the exhibition.
Family Ticket online: € 55 – excl. € 1 service fee
Extra child on a Family Ticket: € 6 – excl. € 1 service fee
Family Ticket at the entrance desk: € 60 – incl. € 1 service fee
Extra child on a Family Ticket: € 8 – incl. € 1 service fee